First published 29/01/2012
Okay, time for another column of Vlog Of The Week and this week’s entry comes from “MaxieMagyx”.
She regularly posts videos on YouTube of book reviews, book hauls and nice little articles related to books and reading.
However, as an aside, I picked this video from her postings as I am a fan of “Inside The Actor’s Studio” (when I can get to see it) as people who visit my Rotten Tomatoes page may know.
The theme around the vlog is the questions that James Lipton asks at the end of his interview in each episode of the programme… plus there’s a nice impersonation of James in the video.
As part of her vlog, the viewer was tagged to answer the “Bernard Pivot” questions, so I’ve decided to take up the challenge to re-pay “MaxieMagyx” for allowing me to use her vlog:
1. What is your favourite word? This is a made up word, or should I say a variation of made up words that have the same meaning for if you want a specific item, but you cant remember the name of the item.
The words are “doofer”, “doofadonga” or “doofiedong”. You use them in the context of, “Where’s the doofadonga?” or “What do I do with the doofiedong?”
It’s lovely because it’s multi-purpose.
2. What is your least favourite word? “Monday” as in “Monday morning”.
3. What turns you on? A sense of humour – If you have a sense of humour, you’ll have me eating out of the palm of your hand.
4. What turns you off? Opinion which isn’t validated. If somebody just says that something’s rubbish (or insert appropriate four-letter) to me then you’re not going to get me listening. However, if you say that something’s rubbish then back it up with a reasoned opinion then you’ll grab my attention.
5. What sound or noise do you love? Laughter.
6. What sound or noise do you hate? Talking in the cinema when a film’s on. (Aaaaaaarggggghhhhh!!!!)
7. What’s your favourite curse word? There are a couple, but I’m going to use the clean option of my favourite substitute curse word – “Blinky flip” as in “What the blinky flip’s going on?” or “Oh, blinky flip!!!”
8.What profession other than your own would you love to attempt? Working in a bookshop – This is a running joke with one of my online friends who said that she’d love to run a coffee shop with a bookstore attached to it. I get paid for working in a bookstore and I get to sample her cakes.
9. What profession would you not like to do? Doctor – I hate hospitals and I’m scared of seeing a lot of blood.
10. If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the pearly gates? “You’re late.”
If you’re a vlogger and would like me to feature your vlog, drop me a line and I’ll have a look to feature it.